Integrating with OSX

Moderator: Moderator

Integrating with OSX

Postby crewshin » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:46 pm

Anyone integrate with OSX successfully? I'm going through the readme and step 2 is a roadblock...

"2) Add liborder2go2 to the list of libraries in the linker options. For example, if you use gcc, the option will be -lorder2go2. The path to the directory containing the libraries (e.g. /ForexConnectAPI/lib) can be specified by the -L/ForexConnectAPI/lib option. "

liborder2go2 is non-existent. Cannot proceed.
crewshin

Re: Integrating with OSX

Postby Georgiy » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:39 am

Hello crewshin,

Thank you for pointing this out.
Unfortunately, there is a mistake in the readme. We will fix it in the next release.

To use ForexConnect API in your application, you should:

1. Place supporting shared libraries in the same directory where your application program is located. Alternatively, you can place supporting shared libraries in the /usr/lib directory.

2. Add libForexConnect to the list of libraries in the linker options. For example, if you use gcc, the option will be -lForexConnect. The path to the directory containing the libraries (e.g. /ForexConnectAPI/lib) can be specified by the -L/ForexConnectAPI/lib option.

3. Include the header file in your code using the directive #include "ForexConnect.h". The path to the directory containing the headers (e.g. /ForexConnectAPI/include) can be specified by the -I/ForexConnectAPI/include option.

I hope the above is useful to you.
Georgiy
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Return to ForexConnect API