Trading Station/Marketscope 2011-III Beta

The beta versions of the Trading Stations and Marketscope

Moderator: admin

Re: Trading Station/Marketscope 2011-III Beta

Postby Gidien » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:12 am

Hi,

first of all good work and thanks for TS III betam looks good. but i missed something.

My strategies used the QTXT(custom ID) informations, so i can use different strategies at the same symbol. I missed the QTXT column in the open,closed,orders overview. Would be nice when this could be added to the columns-list. so i can verify which strategy open which positions.

best regards

Gidien
Gidien
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby sunshine » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:46 am

Hi Gidien,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have passed your suggestion forward for future consideration. For now, this is displayed on a tooltip for a position label only:
toolTip.PNG
sunshine

Postby Bebbspoke » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:36 am

Observation - TS2 - TS3 Market scope discrepancies - with both systems displayed at once the main chart (candle) graphics appear to all intents and purposes, identical...
However - the indicator panel in TS3 runs a "candle period" AHEAD of the TS2 indicator panel???

Please see my comment on "Optimizing/Fixing Heat Map Indicator (Elder Impulse System)"

This timing offset is potentially disasterous! and it dramatically reduces confidence in any of the other version rewrite - Indicators are never 100% accurate but moving them around can only make matters worse... Please correct ASAP, thank you, Bebbspoke

Reading indicators would be closer to the science that some of them are if they were correctly written and didn't undergo timeshifts induced by software rewrites!!!
Bebbspoke

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:12 am

Sorry for delay in response. I was out of the office.

jtatalov wrote:Hey I'm having some issues with the EMA the larger EMA's will not show up unless I zoom out the charts then, this is particularly prevalent on the smaller time frames. FYI.

I'm also not really digging the output on some of the indicators. I feel like they aren't giving me the same response that I was getting previously. I guess I'll have to sit here and tune this system like I had to do with the older version.

In the previous version EMA produces the data starting at the first bar of the source. In the current version EMA produces the data starting at n * 1.5 bar because this is the earliest bar where EMA produces reliable data. So if you apply EMA 500 you must have at least 750 bars. To avoid problems in the most cases the chart pre-loads 300 "invisible" bars before the chart shown, so EMA 200 and shorter (as well as MVA 300 and shorter and all other indicators which produce the data from Nth bar) will be shown exactly from the beginning of the visible area of the chart.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:41 am

nookie wrote:I think this works much better on my win 64bit, and Fib expansions, GREAT :ugeek: good job guys! thanks!

You are welcome! :-)

nookie wrote:2. when I click on the m15 -> 10 days and my setting is good for me so I would like to make it default how can I do it if next time I click again only "m15" and it remembers my previous view? The default is always the higher in the column of settings, in this case of m15 its 1day period which is a bit frustrating

Unfortunately, it is impossible in this version. We are still getting the data for charts from chart server and such option will increase loading on it. In the future version we will move on qoute manager (which is used for backtesting/optimizing) completely, so we will be able to do it without increasing loading on the chart server component.

nookie wrote:3. Price alerts - "set as default is not working properly". I would like to put a price alert on condition "crosses" or "crosses or touches" but it seems not to be working one. The same was in the previous version though..

Will check.

nookie wrote:4. In Options -> General options -> Lua Virtual Machine type
What does this mean? I'm not able to find it in the help of Marketscope

:-) Ok.

In short - in this version it is better to keep it in "Standard Lua VM". This is the standard implementation of Lua Virtual Machine, exactly the same as used for the last couple of years.

Byte-code interpreter and JIT compiler is an alternative implementation of Lua VM made by luajit.org. Byte-code interpreter is faster 10-15% and JIT is faster 20-50% for the indicators and strategies which performs a lot of calculations inside the Lua code (such as JSmooth moving average).

This can be useful for:
1) applying heavy indicators on big charts (30,000+ candles)
2) backtesting and optimization of heavy strategies on long time periods.

But these two options has some disadvantages:
1) they may not work on some CPUs/operating systems.
2) they aren't protected from improper lua code, so, endless loop in indicator can hang the whole TS/Marketscope.
3) Some tricky code may be executed differently.

So, these options are left in this version for those who actually need additional performance even if it may affect TS.

nookie wrote:5. Can't find the button to attach an image but this version of TS seems to use much more RAM than the previous... previous was ~ 200MB and this one is as much as double, in peaks it goes to 1GB.. good I have enough but is this normal I'm wondering

The most of increased memory requirement is for chart. Now:
1) default chart size is increased from 300 to 500 bars.
2) 300 bars are pre-loaded for each chart to make the indicators drawn from the beginning of the visible part of the chart whenever it is possible.
3) the maximum size of the chart increased from 5000 bar to 15000 bars.

nookie wrote:Also I was having some weird lag issues with the previous version sometimes, I chaged/updated almost all of on my PC including the internet twice, so my download/upload speed to NY is 30Mbps/20Mbps with a latency of around 150ms (I'm located in Europe). Now this version is better but still lags dramatically sometimes (showing loading rates and just freezing at times), so I think it would be nice if this price and historic data is not loaded every time user switches graphic and price data from 15min to 4H and then 1Day and then again downloading the same data when switching back to 15min. again.. if this can be downloaded once and for all in the "cache" folder or some other folder would be much appreciated by all the folks around including me for sure. Or make it as an option to have the price data in files and load it from there if possible(hint).
To load the price data locally from the user PC itself and feeding only the updates would be really useful and great.

As above it also depends on chart server. We cannot cache the data because at least once a week the chart server produces "bad" candles and there is no way to know that there is a "bad" candle in the cache. Quote manager I mentioned above can handle this situation, so it will work this way, but in the next release.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby nookie » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:52 pm

Thanks for the info :)

I;m wondering if its possible to have alert similar to the price alerts but applied on the indicators.. so in case a certain level is reached alarm is triggered.. or is it programmable ?
nookie
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Postby Bebbspoke » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:18 am

Hi Guys, - Nikolay - PLEASE - WTF is a "bad candle" - please describe - HTF can one take any of this data seriously if Chart Server is sporadically generating untraceable garbage?

I appreciate that everyone will receive the same corruptions but that is NOT the point... despite common belief there are underlying mathematical sequences in all Forex symbols - it is these that I have every intention of robotically identifying and then taking to full advantage.

Corruption by the occasional "bad candle" is totally unacceptable - please can you assure me that the FXCM data stream is not corrupt? Thank you, Bebbspoke
Bebbspoke

Postby sunshine » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:18 am

nookie wrote:Thanks for the info :)

I;m wondering if its possible to have alert similar to the price alerts but applied on the indicators.. so in case a certain level is reached alarm is triggered.. or is it programmable ?

Please check this signal viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7741
sunshine

Postby nookie » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:29 am

Hey, thanks but its not working properly..

[string "Indicator_Alert.lua"]:141: [string "ADX.lua"]:67: [string "DMI.lua"]:97: attempt to index field 'high' (a nil value)
nookie
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Postby Bebbspoke » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:48 am

Sorry folks, especially "nookie" but I think the question below got "gazzumped" - I certainly do not wish it to remain unanswered...: -

Hi Guys, - Nikolay - PLEASE - WTF is a "bad candle" - please describe - HTF can one take any of this data seriously if Chart Server is sporadically generating untraceable garbage?

I appreciate that everyone will receive the same corruptions but that is NOT the point... despite common belief there are underlying mathematical sequences in all Forex symbols - it is these that I have every intention of robotically identifying and then taking to full advantage.

Corruption by the occasional "bad candle" is totally unacceptable - please can you assure me that the FXCM data stream is not corrupt? Thank you, Bebbspoke
Bebbspoke

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Versions