Position sizing according to percentage of account

All posts which do not fit into any other sections of the forum.

Moderator: admin

Position sizing according to percentage of account

Postby koskol » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:17 am

Hi there
I like the FXCM Meta trader very much but there is one thing that I am missing. There is no possibility to let the platform calculate position size according to percentage of account.

Is it possible to create or add it to existing platform?

Here are my thoughts:
When I want to open a position (limit or market) there comes up the window where you can give positon size, price, stop etc. I would like to add an option in % (Nr. 1. on the picture attached) then you can choose your risk (in my case 2% and Nr. 2 on picture) .Tthe platform will count and fill the position size depending on you account automatically in (Nr. 4). What would be great if you can adjust the stop on the chart (Nr. 3) per mouse and the position size would be corrected while you are moving with it. When all is good then you press OK and the order is in the market or executed.
It is not necessary that it is added to existing window but it would be great to have an opportunity to size the positions depending on capital.
I am not sure if it is the right topic for my matter I was looking for something similar but without sucess. For sure you are able to help me.
Thank you for your feedback.

Koskol
Attachments
example.png
koskol

Re: Position sizing according to percentage of account

Postby Apprentice » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:55 am

Thank you for your suggestion.
Sent to the development team.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Return to General Discussions