MA Price Cross indicator

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: MA Price Cross indicator

Postby Apprentice » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:10 am

I failed to reproduce.
Have added additional checks.

Please use another browser, to prevent retrieving the file from the buffer.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby mistertrade » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:56 pm

Hello,
I want to adapt the indicator 'MA_PRICE_CROSS.lua' by adding a new timeframe to filter the signals.
The principle would be as follows: In addition to the main timeframe (which already exists in the indicator), the user will enter a validation timeframe (this will be a parameter). This new timeframe will serve to filter the signals currently detected, by taking only those meeting the following condition:
1- For a bullish signal: The high of the current candle of the validation timeframe must be higher than the high of the previous candle
2- For a bearish signal: The low of the current candle of the validation timeframe must be lower than the low of the previous candle

Example: The main timeframe is 5 minutes (m5) and the validation timeframe (used to filter the signals) is 30 minutes (m30).
If I have a bullish signal on the 5', then I have to validate this signal by looking if the high of the 30' candle is higher than the high of the previous candle in 30'.

Can you help me please?
Thank you...
mistertrade

Postby Apprentice » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:57 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Development reference 75.
Apprentice

Postby bartwas1 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:18 am

Hi

I've been browsing the forum and noticed this indicator and the idea posted by mistertrade regarding MA price cross.
This gave me a concept for a simple system with two filtering options - two bands based on high/low prices. First band's setting would be 12, second one 50. I also would add fractals for support and resistance. Last thing it would be two HMAs set at 22 and 90 to illustrate trending biases.

Trading decisions would be based on alignment with slower band (50) and both HMAs being the same colour. Secondly a candle needs to close above (long trade) or below (short trade) faster band (12). Then we have our trading window.
Countertrading possibility - trading towards the slower band if both HMAs are aligned and obviously the rule with the candle remains the same. Quick peek into smaller time frame may reveal trend following opportunity.

Sideways market. It happens unfortunately. Therefore faster band needs to stay away from slower band and none of its MAs can be found inside of slower band. This is a filter for sideways market. When faster filter will remerge from the slower band trading can resume anew.

The system may look different depending on MAs being used - marketscope offers several options.

Good trading - Bart.
Attachments
GBPUSD m15 (02-03-2022 0744).png
bartwas1
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby mistertrade » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:44 am

Hello Apprentice,
I know you are very busy. But could you tell me around what date you will be able to program the development whose reference number is 75.
Thank you
mistertrade

Postby bartwas1 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:31 am

Hi

This post is sort of continuation of my idea presented on this forum in early February.

So, I've analyzed relation of both bands (12 and 50) and it seems that more dynamic approach could be better. First - slower high/low band will get a new setting between 30 and 35, but faster will remain the same.
Secondly, as stated before if the slower band stays below faster one (set at 12) you are looking for long position and if situation is reversed you do the opposite - go short.

When faster band will enter the territory of slower band the price intends to be going sideways or ready to break in opposite direction or continue with the same. And here is next change.
With more dynamic approach you won't need to wait for a fast band (12) leaving completely slower band. It's enough for long positions when higher moving average (12) will make it clear from slower band's area and for short position obviously opposite is true - a lower moving average (12) needs to get free.

Key support and resistant places are represented by fractals for current chart. They are important, because if the first entry fails a second one is possible when the price closes around the fractal (better above it). Then a new open price is a prompt to enter a new trade.

An expansion so to speak in this trading idea is a zigzag (12,5,3) and slower one (36,5,3). They illustrate faster and slower/long term trend. Colours refer also to price tendencies: red - downward direction, green - upwards one.

Slope change indicators could be added also if necessary - HMA, for example (settings for faster and slower: 22-20, 70-90)

To sum up: a key here is to have an alignment of indicators telling the same thing which is direction either up or down.

Visual presentation added also.

Good trading - B.
Attachments
GBPUSD m15 (02-22-2022 1058).png
bartwas1
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby mistertrade » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:40 pm

Hello,
Can someone help me to adapt the indicator 'MA_PRICE_CROSS.lua' ?
Thank you

**********************************************************************************************************************
I want to adapt the indicator 'MA_PRICE_CROSS.lua' by adding a new timeframe to filter the signals.
The principle would be as follows: In addition to the main timeframe (which already exists in the indicator), the user will enter a validation timeframe (this will be a parameter). This new timeframe will serve to filter the signals currently detected, by taking only those meeting the following condition:
1- For a bullish signal: The high of the current candle of the validation timeframe must be higher than the high of the previous candle
2- For a bearish signal: The low of the current candle of the validation timeframe must be lower than the low of the previous candle

Example: The main timeframe is 5 minutes (m5) and the validation timeframe (used to filter the signals) is 30 minutes (m30).
If I have a bullish signal on the 5', then I have to validate this signal by looking if the high of the 30' candle is higher than the high of the previous candle in 30'.
*************************************************************************************************************************
mistertrade

Postby Apprentice » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:46 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Development reference 119.
Apprentice

Postby Apprentice » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:40 am

Task 75
MA_Price_Cross.lua
(11.28 KiB) Downloaded 172 times

Something like this?
Apprentice

Postby mistertrade » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:20 pm

Hello,

Thank you for Task 75.
I will test it today and let you know if it is ok.

Have a good day...
mistertrade

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Indicators