Indicore Package Maker
What is Indicore Package Maker?
Indicore Package Maker (further Package Maker) is a utility included in the Indicore SDK starting from version 2.2. It is intended to simplify installing your own strategies, alerts, and indicators, in other words extensions, to Marketscope and Integrated Lua EditorDebugger.
Package Maker allows you to pack all your extensions (.lua and .bin files) along with their resources, if any (.rc files), into on file – package. This package can be then imported to Marketscope or Strategy/Indicator Debuggers by one click. Importing one package you install all the extensions included in it.
Package Maker is especially useful if for your indicator or strategy to work properly, other indicators need to be installed as well. You just create a package that includes all necessary extensions. As a result, to be able to use your indicator or strategy, you just need to import only one package and there is no need to install anything else.
How to Create Package?
First of all, you need to install the latest version of Indicore SDK. You can download it here: What's New in Indicore SDK 2.2
To create a package, do the following:
- Start Package Maker.
- It is located in the root SDK folder and called MakeIPKG.exe. You can use a shortcut "Make Installation Package" created in Start -> Programs -> IndicoreSDK.
- In the Indicore Package Maker window, click the ellipsis button.
- The Select Package File Name dialog box appears. In the File name box, type the name of the package, and then click Save.
- In the Indicore Package Maker window, click Add.
- The Open dialog box appears. Select a strategy or indicator which is .lua or .bin file, and then click Open. You can also select several files at a time.
- To remove a strategy or an indicator from the package, select the file in the list of files in the Indicore Package Maker window, and then click Remove.
- In the Indicore Package Maker window, click Make Package.
- The message box saying that the package has been created successfully appears. Click OK.
How to Use Package?
Import to Marketscope
In Marketscope you can import a package file like a strategy or alert. For details, see the Custom Strategies: How To Install in Marketscope article. Also it is possible to install the package by double-clicking the package file. After double-clicking the Install Extention dialog box appears. Click Install.
Import to Lua Strategy/Indicator Debuggers
To import package to Lua Strategy/Indicator Debuggers, on the Tools menu, click Import Indicators/Strategies from Package.
In the Open dialog box, choose the package file, and then click Open.