Making an offline chart indicator to work .

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Making an offline chart indicator to work .

Postby juniorlcq » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:01 am

Hello , I'm no pro in writting mql4 coding , just a newbie , so hopefully someone can help me out with this :?

I'm looking for someone who's able to write an indicator used in an offline chart , by averaging the open/high/low/close ( all of this ) by a certain amount of currency pairs ( >2 ) which you can choose yourself and display it in a candlesticks pattern form . The averaged market price will also be shown instead of the new chart's market price .

It would be better to write the code in a order form ( along with some explanation in it so I can understand it better ) so that I can confirm that the coding/formula/whatsoever is on the correct path ...

Thank you very much :)
juniorlcq

Re: Making an offline chart indicator to work .

Postby Apprentice » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:22 am

I'm not sure I understand you.

This part is bit vague to me.

by a certain amount of currency pairs (> 2) Which you can choose yourself and display it in a form candlesticks pattern. The averaged market price will also be shown instead of the new chart's market price.

Can you explain in more detail.
if I understand OHLC average is calculated for each pair separately,
and is not shown on the same chart.

Is OHLC Average = (Open + Close + High, Low) / 4
or we have
Avg Open = Avg of last-N Open
Avg Close = Avg of last-N Close
Avg High = Avg of last-N High
Avg Low = Avg of last-N Low
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby juniorlcq » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:58 am

No no no no no no no no .
It should be this way .

For easy examples , I will take 3 currency pairs , let say AU NU GU . You can have up to 28 currency pairs .

For open :
For any time frames ( M1 all the way till Monthly ) , at the current moment , all the open price are average .
( Open price of AU + open price of NU + open price of GU ) /3 = outcome

Same for close high and low . Draw them as a candlestick patterns , it will look exactly the same like when you opening up a new candlestick charts on MT4 .

However it should be careful if you take JPY in to account . As JPY pairs have different decimals points .

As I read somewhere about setting up offline indicators , they will 1st open up any new chart with the time frame you want , then apply the offline indicators on it along with setting the time frame in the indicator's settings , then go to file and open the offline chart .

Not sure why they do this , seems to be a little bit advanced . Will be good if someone explain it why ...
juniorlcq

Postby Apprentice » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:11 pm

Now I understand.
Hm. As you indicated, JPY could be a problem.
The list goes on, SEK, Oil, Gold ....
I'm not sure if this is the way that we can go without some kind of normalization.
For example, we can say that the moving average of each pair is the initial value for comparison.
In this way, we can circumvent, exotic pair problem all together.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby juniorlcq » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:36 am

Ya that's the problem I'm thinking still ... may be you can add an extra column for individual to choose whether what decimals they want .. this is the one i can think of ... :?
juniorlcq

Postby juniorlcq » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:50 am

Can someone help me to make this ......
juniorlcq

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests