FX Strategy Wizard Beta

Moderator: admin

Re: FX Strategy Wizard Beta

Postby nomad_trader » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:25 am

Valeria thank you for the key point in your post.

I see now that the strategy closes only positions that opened by the strategy itself.
If a position opened manually, the strategy is not able to close it.
There is no way to alter and correct this? or to code in a different way the close function?

I am sending you the project file.

Valeria wrote:Please check the Position Side, it should be the same as the open order side.
nomad_trader

Postby ThemBonez » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:33 pm

Hello,
If I create "Stop" in custom parameters, is it possible to create a calculateable stop such as Stop=W1DATA.low ( 1 )....
or Stop = (W1DATA.high ( 1 ) - W1DATA.low ( 1 ))*.764 ) (The .764 Fib ratio.)
If so, where would I define the stop with such an equation? Expressions? Actions?

Other subject:
I have been using previous weekly highs and lows to create fib ratios in the strategy wizard. Is there a way to calculate swing highs and lows to calculate these ratios as are traditionally done?

Thank You
ThemBonez
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby Georgiy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:11 am

Hello ThemBonez,

I redirected your questions to our developers, I will let you know about solution.
Georgiy

Postby ThemBonez » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:19 am

Thank You. Just to mention, as price moves in the direction of the trade I would like stop to move accordingly based on the formula, i.e. for long trades, under consecutive swing lows, etc.
ThemBonez

Postby jppineda224 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:11 am

Hi,

I am trying to create my first strategy and I have two questions.

1) I need to create a conditional where I enter long only when Indicator (1) > Indicator (2). I have successfully created the formula but the strategy enter a new position each time a new candle is formed, I only want one position to be opened at a time. I have tried to solve this problem using the function countPositions () = 1, but the the formul its not valid. Can you please tell me waht I am doing wrong. I am not programmer.
Example: MVA100( 0 ) > MVA200( 0 ) .and. countPositions( ) = 1.

2) My other question is how can I create an expression such as the overbought and oversold RSI where I enter long when RSI crosses over 30 level and shot when RSI crosses under 70 lv. The function core.crossesOver( ) is valid if I want to compare two streams, but the RSI indicator only creates one stream.

Thx
jppineda224

Postby Valeria » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:14 am

Hi jppineda224,

1) I need to create a conditional where I enter long only when Indicator (1) > Indicator (2). I have successfully created the formula but the strategy enter a new position each time a new candle is formed, I only want one position to be opened at a time. I have tried to solve this problem using the function countPositions () = 1, but the the formul its not valid. Can you please tell me waht I am doing wrong. I am not programmer.
Example: MVA100( 0 ) > MVA200( 0 ) .and. countPositions( ) = 1.

I guess that the cause of the issue is in the formula. The issue is reproduced if use " = ". And all works correctly if use " = = ".
Count position.png

Please try to use " = = " and let me know whether the issue is solved or not.

2) My other question is how can I create an expression such as the overbought and oversold RSI where I enter long when RSI crosses over 30 level and shot when RSI crosses under 70 lv. The function core.crossesOver( ) is valid if I want to compare two streams, but the RSI indicator only creates one stream.

Please try to use the function which is shown below:
core_crosses_over.png
Valeria

Postby jppineda224 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:52 pm

Hi Valeria
Problem solved, Thank You!
jppineda224

Postby ThemBonez » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:32 am

Hi,
I would like to incorporate fibonacci ratios into a strategy I am creating with the Strategy WIzard. In order to do this, I need to be able to utilize the last swing highs and lows to generate the ratios. I was told to find these highs and lows, I need to use "min" and "max" for a chosen period. Is it possible to utilize these lua commands in the Strategy Wizard. If not, is there another way to determine swing highs and lows in Strategy Wizard?
Thank you
ThemBonez

Postby p_maltsev » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:06 am

Hi ThemBonez,

ThemBonez wrote:Hi,
I would like to incorporate fibonacci ratios into a strategy I am creating with the Strategy WIzard. In order to do this, I need to be able to utilize the last swing highs and lows to generate the ratios. I was told to find these highs and lows, I need to use "min" and "max" for a chosen period. Is it possible to utilize these lua commands in the Strategy Wizard. If not, is there another way to determine swing highs and lows in Strategy Wizard?
Thank you

I have forwarded your questions to our developers. I will let you know about their suggestion tomorrow.
p_maltsev

Postby p_maltsev » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:25 am

Hi ThemBonez,

Unfortunately, FX Strategy Wizard does not have the ability to search min and max price for the specified period. However, Indicore SDK has mathex.minmax method which can find the minimal and the maximal values. You can use this method in your strategy.
p_maltsev

PreviousNext

Return to Indicator Development