CFG MO (Cardwell Financial Group Momentum Oscillator)

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

CFG MO (Cardwell Financial Group Momentum Oscillator)

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:02 pm

The copyright owner and creator of CFG MO (Cardwell Financial Group Momentum Oscillator) is Cardwell Finacial Group and Andrew Cardwell. The indicator is copyrighted at the United States Copyright Office as "Relative Strength Index : advanced/by Andrew E. Cardwell, Jr." with registration/date number TX0003375191 / 1992-07-22.

For more details about this indicator and other indicators and methods developed my Mr. Andrew Cardwell, please visit http://cardwellrsiedge.com or contact Mr. Andrew Cardwell at cardwellrsi(at)hotmail(dot)com.

This implementation is done by the fxcodebase team upon Mr. Andrew E. Cardwell's permission.

If you would like to publish the indicator on your website, please do not forget to include the copyright notice and the entire description of the indicator too. Think of this as of the part of the license agreement. Any reverse engineering or reproducing of this indicator without Andrew Cardwell's permission is a violation of the United States Copyright law.

Please note that this indicator is sometimes wrongfully referred to as Constance M. Brown's composite index indicator. If you come across this indicator on the Internet, please help us all to right a wrong and provide people with a reference to the CFG MO indicator.

The description of the indicator below is provided by Lars Kjoes.

Simply put formula for warning when RSI is failing to detect market reversals. I have added a picture with points and descriptions below. Note the differences highlighted with pink lines in the picture:

snapshot.png

- Point A: The CFG MO shows a positive reversal when RSI is not. Also note that the MO turns about on the slower moving average which signifies support. The averages are also showing positive spread. Both the latter clarifies the reversal signal. Also note that IF support had been at a point where the averages had crossed and the faster on the way up, this would be a strong continuation signal.

- Point B: The CFG MO shows divergence when RSI does not. Again note the turning point in CFG MO with the fast moving average as resistance.

- Point C: As in point B the turning point is with resistance of the faster moving average.

- Note that this is in a 60min chart and these relatively clear signals would not necessarily show up in other time frames. For example at a reversal in the 60min chart the MO would not show any MA signals, but in 4hours it could give a strong reversal or divergence signal straight on a MA-crossing.

Downloads:

cfg_mo.bin
Marketscope version 01.11.102511
(2.31 KiB) Downloaded 3061 times

CFGMO.ex4
Metatrader 4 version
(3.85 KiB) Downloaded 3771 times

CFG_MO.fxd
Strategy Trader version
(2.03 KiB) Downloaded 2636 times

CFGMomentumOscillator.vtscr
VTTrader version
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 2518 times

Alert.png

This indicator provides Audio / Email Alerts if and when CFG MO cross over/under defined Overbought/Oversold levels.
CFG_MO with Alert.bin
(4.66 KiB) Downloaded 1695 times

Compatibility issue Fix. _Alert helper is not longer needed.

If you want to use updated version of this indicator,
please make sure to use TS Version 01.14.101415. or higher.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Re: CFG MO (Cardwell Financial Group Momentum Oscillator)

Postby Laurus12 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:24 pm

Hello Nikolay,

I have tried to import the CFG MO with the new TS II November 2011 release, but it reports an error message.

The message is as follows: "cfg_mo.bin - Error - Failed to load the indicator from the file ".....\cfg_mo.bin". The error details: The file format or version is invalid."

If a compatibility issue, could you please update the version posted so it is compatible with the new TS II version?

Thanks,
Laurus
Laurus12
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby oxfordj » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:52 pm

Nikolay,

I too am receiving the same error msg as the prior user. The Marketscope version is in a binary format rather than .lua
oxfordj

Postby vstrelnikov » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:25 pm

New binary version for Marketscope 01.11.102511 added in the top post.
vstrelnikov

Postby billmc » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:18 am

hi cant seem to get this into marekscope, does not have a .lua extension and wont come into my charting, get error.. am i oing something wrong. used to just downloading the .lua and then loading into my batch of indicators,,, thanks much
billmc

Postby Apprentice » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:07 pm

Strange, Vasiliy have this update bin file.
But you're also should by now have an updated TS.
I would that one thing.
Can you download and install a new version of TS from FXCM site.
But First Download bin file for Marketscope version 01.11.102511.
(Top Most Post)
Apprentice

Postby fabfxcm » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:49 am

This indicator seems very interesting. Could you please develop a strategy based on it?
Thank you
fabfxcm

Postby Apprentice » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:26 am

Can you describe the conditions, rules, that this strategy should respect.
Apprentice

Postby fabfxcm » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:11 am

Here my idea for the strategy:
Sell when MO line cross the first smooth line (from up to down or the first smooth line must be over the second smooth line) with an option of confirmation when the MO cross the second smooth line, and when the first smooth line cross the second smooth line.
Buy when MO line cross the first smooth line (from down to up or the first smooth line must be below the second smooth line) with an option of confirmation when the MO cross the second smooth line and when the first smooth line cross the second smooth line.
I hope it's not too complicated.
fabfxcm

Postby Apprentice » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Your request is added to the developmental cue.
Apprentice

Next

Return to Custom Indicators