FX Strategy Wizard Beta

Moderator: admin

Re: FX Strategy Wizard Beta

Postby Julia CJ » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:04 am

Hi Babenco,

This problem does not depend on the mode and the version of Trading Station and . Please do the following actions:
1) Delete Strategy Wizard application and install it again.
2) Please check the entered way in InstallPath file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Candleworks\FXTS2

It should contain this path exactly, without spaces at the beginning and end of this line. To do the line without space, press with the right mouse button "delete" after ..\FXTS2. If there is a space after ..2, Strategy Wizard will not read the indicators. I have the same issue, but it was resolved by this way.

Please check it and write me your result.
Julia CJ

Postby Babenco » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:59 pm

Hi Julia, I've checked it, there is no space after FXTS2, the string is exactly the same you've written.
I've also tried to use my installation path, which is "C:\Programmi\Candleworks\FXTS2", but the result is the same. :?:
Babenco

Postby Saito_N » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:20 pm

This method work like a charm .. If you can't seen a key "CandleWorks\FXTS2" after 'Wow6432Node'.

you must create it by hand right-click on left panel on Wow6432Node folder like and select new>key and name it "CandleWorks"

do it same on candleworks folder like and name it FXTS2, after this create installpath string by method Julia_CJ

Julia CJ wrote:Hi LearningByDoing,

Please read more detailed information to get a required result:

1) Open Regedit program (it should connect with Windows).

2)Then adhere this path:

Computer\ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CandleWorks\FXTS2

Please note the system version is 32bit or 64 bit.

In the FXTS folder you need to find InstallPath file. If there is not such file, please create it in the FXTS folder.
For the creating InstallPath file click the right mouse button on any place of right half field.

Then click – Create, after that chose Expandable String Parameter. The new file will be named “InstallPath”.

Further two times click the left mouse button precisely on installPath file, the pop-up window with empty line will open. In this line specify such path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Candleworks\FXTS2
After it open FX Strategy Wizard, It will work well.
Please write your result or questions.
Saito_N

Postby Babenco » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:26 pm

Hi everybody, with the "new" PC with windows7, finally it works. The procedure described is correct, I don't know why in the old PC it didn't work.
Thank you.
Babenco

Postby william17 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:00 am

Hello,

I have download fx strategy wizard on my computer, but i don't have all the indicators to select them before the calculation step.

So i would like install the "InstallPath" in the registry but i don't find the following way:
Computer\ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CandleWorks\FXTS2

In fact, i have computer, i have HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, i have Wow6432Node but i don't have Candleworks???

Yet, i have the trading station of FXCM on my computer!!!

Someone have an idea please,?

Than you
william17

Postby william17 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:10 pm

OK,

All is going well...
i have following the indication to wreta the key registry for the way on the left of the Windows, and fx strategy wizard going well,

good night
william17

Postby MADGENIUS » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Hello my friends, i have a problem. Please help me.
I do not understand, I'm trying to implement a strategy of trading with Wizard I set the Stochastic as indicators, I also tried with the Heikin Ashi candles and with the Stocastico / Rsi. But unfortunately in the backtest execution the opening and closing of the positions does not reflect the parameters set by me.
For example the Stochastic / Rsi strategy "STOCRSI": open long position when K goes higher than D and closes the position when K crosses the D downwards.
But the opening and closing of positions do not coincide with the crossings.
Thanks for your help. I enclose the program.
Attachments
STOCRSI.lua
(26.4 KiB) Downloaded 957 times
MADGENIUS

Postby Sheera123 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:46 am

I am using Strategy Wizard v0.4.0.0 and after TradeStation's last update in 2019 (v01.15.121418) it no longer sees any of the indicators in marketscope. Is anyone else seeing this problem or am I configuring something wrong. The only indicators that show up are:
SHIFT_I
SHIFT_O
Sheera123

you can use Strategy Wizard for buil strategy based Price

Postby PHOENIX » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:28 pm

Hi, with Strategy Wizard you can make a strategy based on the price candle. This strategy does not use the indicator, but only the values of the price candles (open, closed, higher, lower).
thank you.
PHOENIX

Postby LoneWolf » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:38 am

installed today tge Strategy Wizard.
Version 0.6.0.0.
In step 2.5 Indicators the indicator list is empty ???
LoneWolf

PreviousNext

Return to Indicator Development