Multiple users per session

Moderator: Moderator

Multiple users per session

Postby mqBrian » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:42 am

I want to know if it's possible to send orders for multiple user accounts from a single session. I have just started looking at he API, so any info would be helpful.

Thanks
mqBrian

Re: Multiple users per session

Postby Ekaterina » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:58 am

Hi mqBrian ,

What do you mean by "multiple user accounts from a single session"? If you mean PAMM and LAMM accounts, then YES ForexConnect API works with these types of accounts.

If you have meant something different, then please specify what is "multiple user accounts from a single session"?

Best regards,
Ekaterina
Ekaterina

Postby mqBrian » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:34 am

I did not mean PAMM or LAMM accounts.

What I am trying to figure out is how to make a "middleware" that sits between a client and the ForexConnect API. The client could then pass the login info to the middleware and then place orders to the API. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to do this without having to persist a session for each user/client.

Thanks
mqBrian

Postby Ekaterina » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:35 am

Hi mqBrian,

Now I've got your idea. Unfortunately there is no such possibility in ForexConnect API.

As for:
I am trying to figure out if there is a way to do this without having to persist a session for each user/client.

To reduce the load you can turn off prices in each session except one. It can be done by using the following method: Session.setPriceUpdateMode(O2GPriceUpdateMode::NoPrice);

Best regards,
Ekaterina
Ekaterina

Postby sunshine » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:27 pm

mqBrian wrote:What I am trying to figure out is how to make a "middleware" that sits between a client and the ForexConnect API. The client could then pass the login info to the middleware and then place orders to the API. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to do this without having to persist a session for each user/client.

Please tell me why do you need this? May be we could be of more help to you.
sunshine

Return to ForexConnect API