Can Grid Sight Index be recreated to run Locally

If you need your own private indicator, signal or strategy, or any kind of development using various trading APIs - please visit this forum.

Moderator: admin

Can Grid Sight Index be recreated to run Locally

Postby OzzyTrader » Fri May 22, 2020 10:54 am

FXCM release Grid Sight Index some time ago but it didnt last long, not sure why. Im not looking to use it as a stand alone indicator to make trade decisions but i think it can still be a usefull tool when used in conjuction with other indicators, osillators ect.....

I am wondering if anyone would be interested in essentially reverse engineering Grid sight index. I am assuming the way in which grid sight index worked before was the fxcm servers where doing the calculations and simply presenting it to the user. Obviously this is not an option, but FXCM does offer a "Advanced Historical Data Downloader" on its fxcm apps store and i am wondering if this data could be downloaded to a hard drive on say a weekly basis and then analyse it in the same way grid sight index did. As far as i can tell it probably did somethign similar anyway. I am just looking to create a stand alone program that essentially reads from a file on the hard drive as downloaded from this app and then presents the same data. Yes this takes alot of cpu power, but now we live in the world of Optane SSD's and 64 Core Threadripper chips. Which is the system i would look to implement it on.

If anyone is interested in developing this please get in touch.

Cheers
OzzyTrader

Re: Can Grid Sight Index be recreated to run Locally

Postby Apprentice » Mon May 25, 2020 6:33 am

Can you provide any description, code, or web reference?
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby OzzyTrader » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:44 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV0GnaVRRig

here is a video of the indicator if anyone has it lying on a hard drive or the ability to get it from FXCM please attach the file to a post.
OzzyTrader

Postby Apprentice » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:50 am

We have added your request to the development list.
Development reference 149
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Return to Premium Development Services