How to get a Strategy Repaired?

If you need your own private indicator, signal or strategy, or any kind of development using various trading APIs - please visit this forum.

Moderator: admin

How to get a Strategy Repaired?

Postby davidf515 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:30 pm

Hi everybody!

Quite a while back, maybe a couple of years ago, I got a Custom Strategy made for me through your service. It worked as expected at the time, but then I moved on to something else. Recently, I started using it again, but now it doesn't work the same way, so I suspect that something in the several platform updates since then has adversely affected it.

Basically, the Strategy would enter a position at a certain price, and if it got stopped out would place an Entry Order to RE-enter the same position at the same price and try again. For example: an order to buy 10,000 UJ at 100.00 with a Target of 100.25 and a Stop of 99.75. If the pair hits the Target, it takes the profit and ends. If the stop is hit, the Strategy RE-places the same order: Buy 10,000 at 100.00, Stop at 99.75, but CHANGES the Target to 100.50, which would recoup the 25p loss and provide the original 25p profit goal. It would do this as many times as needed to hit the profit goal. The idea was that the price may oscillate a few times, hitting the stop and booking losses, but eventually the price would move enough to cover the losses and provide the profit goal.

It seemed to work fine way back then, but, of course, I eventually moved on to something else. I've now decided to try it again but something has changed and now it DOUBLES UP on the entries. That is, if the original order was for 10,000 and got stopped, the Strategy re-enteres TWO orders of 10,000. If that gets stopped, it re-enters FOUR orders for 10,000. So basically it's Martingaling and I don't want it to. I haven't changed anything in the code of the Strategy, so I'm assuming something in the platform has changed.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
davidf515

Re: How to get a Strategy Repaired?

Postby Apprentice » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:56 am

It is difficult to say without access to the code.
Can you remember who was the developer.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby davidf515 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:15 pm

I don't remember the developer. I can e-mail the code if that helps.

Thanks for your attention. It is much appreciated.
davidf515

Postby davidf515 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:13 pm

Not sure what my next step should be. I've checked through the code and can't see anyone's name mentioned, so I don't know the original coder. It was a couple of years ago, so I don't remember the name.

Even though it is a proprietary Strategy, I'd be glad to show it to anyone who might be able to fix it. The Strategy seems like a pretty simple concept, but the code looks pretty complex, so I can't figure it out on my own.

Anyone?
davidf515

Postby Gennadiy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:51 pm

Hello davidf515,

I have answered you via private message.
Gennadiy

Postby davidf515 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:30 pm

Thanks for your help Gennadiy. It looks like Vasiliy has gotten the problem figured out and fixed. Your assistance is highly appreciated.
davidf515

Return to Premium Development Services