Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Re: MA Crossover Strategy

Postby Apprentice » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:48 am

First.
Answered within the original topic.
Second.
According to information I have,
Limit and Stop orders are No No (forbidden) for U.S. residents, accounts.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby station0524 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:00 pm

Of course one can place stop and limit orders in the US. "FIFO" only means first in first out, meaning if you have more than one position when the limit or stop order is triggered that order will affect the first position entered.
station0524

Postby Apprentice » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:43 am

station0524
Can you test the new version.
It seems that the problem in the template that I used.
Apprentice

Postby station0524 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:24 pm

It works if you set it to a Non hedging account and not a US account. The system then enters stop and limit orders no matter if your trading in the US. I have another request though, hope you can help. I added the strategy twice on the same chart with different settings, meaning different stop and limit orders for the two strategies. However, when trades are entered, even though two trades are entered it will only use the stop and limit orders from the one strategy on both trades and ignore the stop and limit settings of the second strategy. I have tried to fix this but don't know why it does that. I was even thinking of renaming the strategy so I have the same strategy with different names. Would that help? Any advice would be appreciated.
station0524

Postby station0524 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:13 am

Apprentice,
Two questions/requests if you don't mind and have the time. First one really pertains to the 20 in 1 AVERAGES but as we use it with this strategy thought I'd ask here, Already asked before for "KAMA" to be added and was wondering if you have any idea how long it would be?

Second. I use a very successful trading system with this strategy by using the strategy on a 15min and 60min chart and only entering trades on the 15min chart if the strategy already is in the same direction on the 60min chart. I do this by monitoring the signals and entering manually. Do you think it is possible to write a program that can do this for example if the strategy shows to be short on the 60min chart then ignore long signals and only take short trades on the 15min chart? It would be great to be able to do this with all time frames.
station0524

Postby Apprentice » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:24 am

1st Alex is committed to KAMA Averages expansion.
2nd This is possible.
Post your request with detailed descriptions, within the appropriate topic.
Apprentice

Postby abreumr » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:22 am

I would like to know if it is possible to add an OSMA filter in this strategy. I mean if the OSMA is positive than it should open long trades only and if OSMA is negative should look for short positions.

Thanks
abreumr

Postby abreumr » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:28 am

Apprentice wrote:It is possible.

Is it possible to have a noise when the signal is ready?
abreumr

Postby station0524 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:28 pm

Even though KAMA was added to the Averages indicator, when one tries to use the MA crossover Strategy, KAMA does not appear as one of the choices for fast or slow MA. Why not?
station0524

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Strategies