Missing historic data

Moderator: admin

Missing historic data

Postby robocod » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:55 am

I'm having trouble with missing data again. I only noticed the problem today.

One of my indicators subscribes to a symbol using the getHistory function. The "to" field is 0, meaning that I've subscribed to get the updated bars.

This has been working fine, and is very well tested. However, today I noticed that the data display by my indicator was not up to date, and I found out that my data seems to run out early this morning (no more data for several hours). I don't see this on the charts themselves - they seem fine. Only on the data requested by my indicator do I see the problem.

More weird, is that this only seems to be the case for some data periods, e.g. m5. If I use the same indicator settings except us m1 data it gets the last minute of data. m15, also seems to work, but H1 does not.

I don't know what's behind the scenes of the getHistory function, can it really be that it gets different data for for m1, m5, m15, etc. Can it really have some period's data missing but not for others?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
Last edited by robocod on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
robocod
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Re: Missing historic data

Postby robocod » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:30 am

Update:

As of 10 minutes ago, it is now working. I have no explanation.

I did not restart MarketScope or my PC, it just seems to be working again now. Very odd. I guess there must have been something wrong with the data feed. But it seems odd that it was working ok for the charts, just didn't work for getHistory command. Is it possible?
robocod

Postby Ekaterina » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:48 am

Hi robocod,

I guess that most likely it is the same problem you have reported before.
Perhaps it's not! But I need more detailed information about the time frame with missing data, instrument, the database on which you trade.
On more workaround for you can be the new beta version of Markerscope. Please try it and report if the issue repeats.

Best regards,
Ekaterina
Ekaterina

Postby robocod » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:32 am

Thanks for reply Ekaterina.

It just happened again.

I am using 5m data on GBP/USD. Other symbols and time-frames may be affected also, I didn't check.

I use getHistory with "to" field set to 0, so I should get the updates, but the last bar returned by getHistory is timestamped 2:45:00 (that's the EST time given by formatDate). It's 15:30 here in UK, which is 10:30 EST I guess, so missing almost 8 hours of data.

If I create a 5min chart it looks fine. The problem seems only to be with the use of getHistory.

If I use 1min data for getHistory, the last bar loaded by getHistory is 10:34:00 which is correct now.

If I use 15min data for getHistory, the last bar loaded by getHistory is 10:30:00 which is correct.

So, it seems 5min data is missing for some reason.

I will try the Beta release.
robocod

Return to Indicator Development