auto fibo and gann level

Moderator: admin

auto fibo and gann level

Postby luigipg » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:31 am

somebody can build levels, you can set at will, Gann and Fibonacci with the respective extensions that automatically adjust to maximum and the minimum selected with the cursor? Thanks. Luigi!!!
luigipg

Re: auto fibo and gann level

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:00 pm

Please find a very raw concept of such indicator tool here. I'll continue work on this, but your feedback can help me to make this tool more powerful.

When the indicator has just been applied it shows chosen fib. levels for 50 last bars. After that you can click on the chart to choose the bar to find the high/low from and the high/low bar to. To choose you must click the right mouse button over the bar and then choose "Search High/Low From" or "Search High/Low To" commands in the context menu.

The line has two styles. One (by default - solid) is used to draw the line over the chosen period. Another (by default - dotted) is used to extent the lines in future (to the end of the history + 100 bars), so you can easily see which period is chosen.

hi_lo_fib_levels.png

Lack of the current version of the indicator (things to do in future):

a) If you has applied the indicator twice - two sets of the commands will be show and you cannot recognize which of instance of the indicator will be changed by the command.

b) Every time when you change the indicator (even if you just change a color or switch the instrument) - the indicator is reset of it's initial state, so you have to set the period again.

BTW, for the developers it's a good example of the indicator which can interact with the users.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby luigipg » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:18 am

Thanks a lot Nikolay, you really are a great, the indicator is good for me and already be very useful as well, the only thing (than those that you described) is if you can make the tooltips are displayed permanently and not only when the cursor is over the line. Anyway thanks again. Luigi!!!
luigipg

Postby Apprentice » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:44 am

An interesting way of interacting with the indicator.

It would be desirable that the user can select two points,
and the indicator to determine which is the maximum and minimum.

Determine the first by clicking a second by release of the mouse button.
In the meantime, to draw the line that connects these two points.

Secondly, And this is less important, my probleem is this,
for some time, I want to make a Tic Tac Toe game for Marketscope.

Seeing this indicator, I thought that I'll finally be able to accomplish.
But using this kind of interaction, it is not possible, There is no easy way,
as far as I see, price level is not stored, anywhere, just period.

I can not have more than one price level for the period.

These are the thoughts, ideas to help you in further development ..
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby luigipg » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:07 am

Hi Nikolay, please visit this link: http://www.fxstreet.com/rates-charts/fo ... ?id=eurjpy see how they fit easily fibonacci levels, I would be happy if you could develop a similar system for the MarketScope. Again thanks for your work. Luigi!
luigipg

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:14 pm

Yeah, the line drawing tools in three modes: close, high/low and freehand works pretty smooth. Unfortunately, I can't do it the same way via the indicator, but it's possible to make it in the Marketscope. I'll pass this link to the developers. Now they are preparing the next release with fast login and small installation size, so they will be able to start it immediately after that release (in a couple of weeks). I'm afraid that FXCM will not let us to make another release earlier than in the end of December, but I'll provide beta as soon as it is possible.

And thank you very much for such good link!
Nikolay.Gekht

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:38 pm

Nikolay.Gekht

Return to Indicator Development