Debugging multiple instruments

Moderator: admin

Debugging multiple instruments

Postby robocod » Wed May 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Hello,

I am testing the example.lua from the second data stream example (http://fxcodebase.com/code/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3824).

I don't seem able to run it in the debugger properly. Suppose I want to use EUR/USD and GBP/USD as my 2 data streams. But when I run the indicator in the debugger I have to run it on some data source. Suppose I chose EUR/USD as the data source for starting the indicator then I can load EUR/USD ok, but GBP/USD fails; and if I chose GBP/USD as the data source, then that loads ok and EUR/USD fails.

The error I get is

[string "C:\Program Files\Gehtsoft\IndicoreSDK\indic..."]:94: The specified offer is not found

It looks like the debugger environment does not handle multiple data streams. Or is there some trick to it that I am missing?

Thanks in advance, for any answers.
robocod
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Re: Debugging multiple instruments

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Wed May 16, 2012 1:46 pm

Please try the latest version of the SDK. You can choose up to three instruments to be simulated.

http://fxcodebase.com/wiki/index.php/Wh ... SDK_2.1%3F

This version also allows you use the quotes manager price archive, exactly the same which is used for Marketscope backtester instead of creating CSV files every time when you need new price simulation source (well, except for ticks, quotes manager price archive does not provide tick data).

shot.png
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby robocod » Wed May 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Thankyou Nikolay.

It seems that I already had version 2.1 of the SDK installed. I can see now, that I get the same option as you showed for the Strategy simulation parameters, i.e. the ability to enter 3 data streams.

However, I was trying to work with a multi-data stream Indicator, and for this I only seem to be able to enter 1 data stream currently. Perhaps this isn't supported for indicators.
robocod
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Thu May 17, 2012 10:45 am

The same market simulator is used for indicators, but I never designed Indicator Debugger to run multiple instrument. If you deem this option as useful, I'll take a look. I'll be back soon.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Return to Indicator Development