Host History

Moderator: admin

Host History

Postby LordTwig » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:04 pm

Nikolay,

When using Debugger I keep getting 'Get History' 'A history for EUR/USD between dates x and x is requested' when using the supplied data files supplied in SDK Indicators.

How can I easily fix this, because it just keeps asking for more and more history.

I am using current version of SDK.

Are there history files to download, as I have tried to make some, but it keeps asking for more.
I haven't used deugger for this reason for long time.

I have this problem using Pivot.lua indicators
Can you supply an easy solution?

How come it does not appear to affect using your debugger, as you have been using it on Pivot as well.

LordTwig
Cheers
LordTwig
LordTwig
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Host History

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:19 pm

The debugger is not pretty intellectual in working with histories. It just the loads the history you pointed in whole and that's all. If the loaded history does not suit, the indicator will try to extend the history - i.e. repeat asking for the data.
To debug such indicators you have to prepare the data yourself.

For example, if you want to test pivot on the 15-minute chart and showing 1-hour pivot, you have to:
1) load the 15-minute the chart you want to test the indicator on into marketscope and then save the data using "File->Save Chart As->Indicore SDK Data".
2) load the 1-hour chart covering the period of the first chart plus, for example, ten hours back and then save this data as well.
Now choose the first saved history to test and the second when the data is required via gethistory call.

BTW, I moved this post to "development". I think it's better place for it.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby LordTwig » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:28 pm

Okay, thanks for that heads up.

Yeah, it needs developing a fair bit this debugger, it can be a lot better.

LordTwig
Cheers
LordTwig
LordTwig
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:00 pm

LordTwig wrote:Yeah, it needs developing a fair bit this debugger, it can be a lot better.

I have to find finally a couple of days to connect the debugger to the price source, so the debugger will load the data we need and support gethistory as we want... But I fear it will not happen before we pass the autotrading to QA :-(
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Return to Indicator Development