ATRMSL application

Moderator: admin

ATRMSL application

Postby omega11 » Tue May 25, 2010 6:10 pm

Dear All,

I have been using ATRMSL for quite some time now and I think this is one of the most useful indicators around. I have been involved in trading system development at some major banks (I am not a programmer but have written many systems in trade station).

A simple way to use the indicator (and applied in actual trading many times successfully):

Set up a screen with 4 charts, each in a different time frames (i.e. 4 hours, 30 mins, 5 mins and 1 min).

If the first 3 are short trade short signals in the one minute and vice versa. From here you can play various strategies such as switch to 5 mins as your trigger if you catch a trend etc.

I have however found the above technique very successful for "hit and run" trades for about 20-30 points profit and the suggested ATRMSL stop loss. Even in events of a few whip saws the losses are minimal until you catch the next mover.

Here is the question:

Can you create a Indicator/Signal which takes 4 time-frames into consideration and shows a long/short signal if the above condition is met (along with the actual ATRMSL stop loss)?

That would be a fantastic tool to further backtest the application and maybe build a trading system based on the rules.

Many Thanks and Best Regards

Andre
omega11

Re: ATRMSL application

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Wed May 26, 2010 2:09 pm

Yes, it's possible to monitor four different time frames in the signal. The most probably we will need some explanations during the development, so, I hope we can ask you about. :-)
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby omega11 » Wed May 26, 2010 6:00 pm

Fantastic, yes I am most happy to be of assistance. I am subscribed to this forum and will monitor the discussion as we go. I live in Singapore so my reply will be somewhat lagging.
Thanks for looking into it Nikolay
omega11

Postby boursicoton » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:41 pm

this idea is very best !
boursicoton
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby omega11 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:17 pm

HI Nikolay

Any progress on this? I would be very keen to embark on the development. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. I am still using the indicator in the described manner and I find it very useful.
Thanks and Rgds
Andre
omega11

ATRMSL application

Postby EvotsStirevot » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:57 pm

Ah, Claudius you applied. Wonderful. And even more wonderful to hang with you on servers for last couple of days. Well get back to you in about a week with our answer.

Thanks for the application

gogo
EvotsStirevot

Return to Indicator Development