Delta Values Indicator

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Delta Values Indicator

Postby logicgate » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:22 am

Hi there buddy, here I thought of another idea that can make use of the cumulativedelta indicator formula. What you can do is remove from the code the plotting of the subwindow with the candles, we are only interested to see numerical values in this one. The indicator would display in a corner of the chart (better to make a label that we ca drag and drop) the delta values for each timeframe (I have attached an image of how it is supposed to look like).

In indicator settings there will be an input "lookback period" where we set the number of bars to sum the delta. For example, if I set "7" there, then the numerical values would correspond to the sum of the delta of the last 7 bars (including the current one). If this input is left blank or 0, then the values displayed in the table correspond only to the current bar.

You can also remove from the code the "print history" feature, it won´t be used, might save CPU power.

Best regards

EDIT> editing the post to adjust some nomenclature, actually I should not have use the word "average" because it is not what it is supposed to do, it is summing of delta that we want.
Attachments
Delta Values.png
CumulativeDelta.mq4
(21.09 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
Last edited by logicgate on Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
logicgate
FXCodeBase: Aspirant (Junior)

Re: Delta Values Indicator

Postby logicgate » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:02 am

Actually you have to keep the "record ticks" function or it won´t be able to calculate the delta for the past bars, what you can remove is the "print history".

But you have to tell the code to save the file with a different name, otherwise it will clash with the file of the regular cumulative delta.
logicgate

Postby Apprentice » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:17 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Development reference 1757.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby logicgate » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:44 am

I was thinking here, and to make the indicator more customizable, the following options could be added:

Show/Hide timeframe in the dashboard (if you are an intraday low timeframes trader, perhaps you only wanna see your timeframe and a couple above it)

Be able to set the "lookback period" individually for each timeframe on the dashboard. If you are intraday trader, it would not make sense to look at the cumulative delta of 5 daily bars, but would be interesting to keep an eye on the current daily bar delta.
logicgate

Postby logicgate » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:40 am

Apprentice wrote:Try this version.
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=70220

Thanks buddy, just tested it.

1 - The indicator is making MT4 to hang every couple of seconds, even with just one chart open, making it sluggish. Any thoughts in what is causing it?

2- Can you tell me what the "CorrPeriod" is and do?

3- Can you make the values above zero green, and below zero red?

4- I am sorry for the late request but sometimes I make the posts and the idea come right after it. So as I said, it would make more sense if you could choose the number of bars to be summed in each timeframe, so you can have D1 in the dashboard displaying the current delta only, because it would not make sense having 5 daily bars summed for intraday trading.
Attachments
delta dashboard A.png
delta dashboard B.png
logicgate

Postby logicgate » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:48 am

You see, one more example of how I post stuff and then 1min later I remember I forgot something. Another question:

-You can see in the image posted in the previous post, I could not see a file being created by the indicator, with the recorded ticks.Where is it? The thing is that you have to load this indicator individually in each instrument, you can´t have a dashboard with lots of instruments because the file recorded is per instrument. Even if you launch the indicator in the same instrument in another chart of another timeframe (Talking about the original cumulativedelta.mq4 I posted here), it won´t plot any historical data on the chart because the recorded ticks file for that instrument is "locked", already in use by the indicator (1st instance launched in the instrument). They can´t share the same file. So I can´t see how the indicator would record ticks in the same file for lots of different instruments, unless you were able to do that. But then again, I don´t see any file there, or it is being recorded in another folder.
logicgate

Postby logicgate » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:49 am

So it has been one hours since I left the indicator running, it seems to make MT4 even more sluggish after 30min or so.

So something is wrong also with the calculation, I noticed that the values were all over the place, M1 registering way higher values than m5 for example. You can see in this screenshot, at that point in time the delta of the last 5min bars should be 67 according to the deltas of individual bars, the dashboard was giving a reading over 20x higher.
Attachments
delta dashboard error.png
logicgate

Postby Apprentice » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:08 pm

Your request is added to the development list.
Development reference 1780.
Apprentice

Postby Apprentice » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:56 am

Try CumulativeDelta 2.mq4 and CumulativeDelta Dashboard
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=70220
Apprentice

Next

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests