synchronizes lines across multiple time frame charts

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

synchronizes lines across multiple time frame charts

Postby hopeng » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:12 am

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and I just wonder if it's possible to have an indicator to synchronizes lines I draw manually on one chart across multiple other charts (usually of different time frames)?

For example I have daily/4H/hourly charts open for AUDUSD. I draw a horizontal line on the hourly AUDUSD chart on price 0.6789. The indicator will automatically draw the line of the same price on daily and 4H charts. I tried searching on the forum and couldn't find anything similar.

This is for FXCM trading station not MT4. Can someone help? Thanks.

Regards,
James
hopeng

Re: synchronizes lines across multiple time frame charts

Postby hopeng » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:36 am

Apprentice wrote:Something like this?
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=32568

Thank you Apprentice. It's not very easy to use. It doesn't draw native lines and I cannot update the line position precisely by opening edit dialog and changing the price value (e.g for horizontal line). I can only draw the line with mouse to change line position.

Is it possible to create a custom indicator to 'replicate' lines to all charts of the same symbol? Can someone share some programming guides on fxcm trading station? I have java background but I am slowly reading the online documentation and got many dump questions:
- Does the javascript SDK have identical feature as Lua SDK?
- Is that achievable via custom indicator? If yes what should be the design of the process and which sets of APIs/methods I should be looking at?

Thanks
hopeng

Re: synchronizes lines across multiple time frame charts

Postby Apprentice » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:07 pm

This is the best we can have with indicators.
You can ask FXCM to add this tool to the trade station.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests