Multi Time Frame Strategy Alert Only

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Re: Multi Time Frame Strategy Alert Only

Postby Apprentice » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:12 am

I can't find any places where all the conditions do match.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby susan61 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:38 am

Hi Apprentice
Not sure if you understand what trying to achieve out of the multi time frame alert only, As now we have x4 instances (x4 SSD) we don’t need all x4 instances to be in line at the same time we just need to be alerted when the conditions are met on any of the x4 SSD so effectively we have four set ups on different timeframes hope this helps
Susan
susan61

Postby Apprentice » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:15 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Development reference 269.
Apprentice

Postby Apprentice » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:39 am

SSD_MA_Strategy.lua
(131.53 KiB) Downloaded 342 times

I've removed 3 SSD's.
It's better to stick with 1 but run 4 instances.
Apprentice

Postby susan61 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:28 am

Hi Apprentice,
I have tried that with version 1 and the platform slows right down, As need x4 instances on 14 currency pairs if you can just make version 3 to be able to get its own alert as per SSD 1/ 4, just to clarify the SSD 1/4 do not need to do the conditions at once just need to have separate alerts for all 4 SSD. As it only an alert not to use as auto trading
Would appreciate if this can be done
Susan
susan61

Postby Apprentice » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:21 pm

Your request is added to the development list.
Development reference 280.
Apprentice

Postby susan61 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:36 am

Hi Apprentice & Team,
On the back test of V4 noticed that no signals was given yellow box shows where SSD time frame crossed over @ a 0B/0S the done MA crossover and still no signal have also emailed the back test project
Short Set Up SSD Timeframe to have crossed (K line to cross below D line) above 0B then do the MA crossover (the SSD crossover needs to be above the 0B green line)
Short Set up backtester V4.png

Long Set Up SSD Timeframe to have crossed (K line to cross above D line) below 0S then do the MA crossover (the SSD crossover needs to be below the 0S green line)
Long Set up backtester V4.png

Really, appreciate if you can look into why no alert was triggered
Thanks in advance
Susan
susan61

Postby susan61 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:46 am

Hi Apprentice,
Looked at the link you posted and understand that using multi times frames can give you false direction signal that's why i wanted as alert only its more to get an alert so you can look at that currency pair. Say if you was trading the 4hr SSD cross over on a 1hr MA cross over and was in profit and started to pullback (1hr MA cross over against the trade so you exited) but a lower time frame for eg; 1hr SSD cross over and 15min MA cross over you would be able to get back into the trade instead of waiting for the 4hr SSD and the 1hr to do the condition. On the link example was using HTF colour of bar for trend continuation on higher time frame were as I want to use for both trend continuation and day swing trading
And as regards to the screen shot in my previous post that was on version 4 using 1hr SSD and and 15min MA, even though some signals would not been a big profit trades the condition were met therefore a signal should have been triggered and as using higher time frame SSD the candle would need to close b4 the SSD crossed then would wait for the MA to crossover on the lower time frame again waiting for the LTF (MA) candle to close
thanks
Susan
susan61

Previous

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests