Trade_Repeater for MT4 or MT5

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Trade_Repeater for MT4 or MT5

Postby flbrgz » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:34 pm

Trade_Repeater for Mt4 Request

Hello all.

Apprentice last year you developed the Trade_Repeater after a request I made for the strategy for fXCM. It worked exactly as I had hoped, AWESOME.

HOW IT WORKS
Trade Repeater works by creating new entry orders for trades that close.
When a trade closes it creates a new entry order for a trade with all the same parameters as the closing trade.

It does this for as long as the EA or strategy is running. This makes it semi automated. I use it in a grid/scalping type of setup. It can take anywhere from 1 to 100 plus trades a day when everything is going well.

I see that it has had around 450 downloads a an FXCM strategy and I think it would prove popular on the MT4 platform.

FXCM currently has a 4 to 5 pip spread on the currency pair I trade. I would like to change brokers for a closer spread of 1 to 1.8 pips. This doesn't sound a lot of pips but when I run this strategy as a scalping strategy I only take 5 or 5.5 profit per trade. So that gives me a 10 pip turn around with the spread for Trade Repeater to get back in.

I think I could have a much higher profit with the low pip spread and increased trading frequency.

I think if possible it would be great to have a set number for take profit in pips as an input as sometimes this would change with some slippage.

Also could it have an option to only repeat trades that close at profit. That way I can manage losing trades without having to stop a bad trades order being created. Only create an order if it closes in profit.

Regards Paul.
flbrgz

Re: Trade_Repeater for MT4 or MT5

Postby Apprentice » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:12 am

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=65821

Your request is added to the development list.
Development reference 64.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby flbrgz » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:16 am

Hi,

I have been testing out demo accounts in MT4 and MT5. Looks like I will be using MT5 so if possible could this be directed at the MT5 platform.

Thanks for your help,

Happy Coding,

Regards, Paul,
flbrgz

Postby flbrgz » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:45 am

Hello All,

I have had a look at the code which is completely beyond me. There is a line that maybe refers to the decimal level

static double GetPipSize(const string symbol)
{
double point = MarketInfo(symbol, MODE_POINT);
double digits = (int)MarketInfo(symbol, MODE_DIGITS);
double mult = digits == 3 || digits == 5 ? 10 : 1;
return point * mult;

Maybe this is the cause. My trades as EURNZD. something like entry 1.73200 take profit 1.73145 maybe it isn't picking it up to a small enough decimal to pick it up as a trade.

Anyway. Thanks for your help.
flbrgz

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests