FXCM Stochastic 4 in 1 Modification

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Re: FXCM Stochastic 4 in 1 Modification

Postby OzzyTrader » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:34 am

cheers,

Just did a quick run of it on a 1m chart to see how it behaves. and achieves the goal. I have loaded up about 50 signals and will run it for a few days and report back.

First points to conisder for anyone else using it.
If you are looking to trade a pair in both the sell and buy direction with a Offset applied you will need to set up two strategies. Buy trades will require a negative interget and sell trades a positive integer. simply putting in a number will apply it to buy and sell signals. Example: if the offset it set to -10 on a buy signal it will be fine as it will place the entry order where you wanted but if it signals a sell trade your order will be in the exact opposite place to where you want.

But this isnt that bad as having strategies set up in the buy and sell direction independantly is much easier to turn them on and off as you wish when trading with the trend. Twice the labour to set up but will save you time in the long run.

great work
OzzyTrader

Postby OzzyTrader » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:35 pm

Ammendment to my post above. All offsets have to set at negative numbers eg: "-12" regardless of the trade direction for this strategy to function correctly.

When operating accross 2,3,4,6,8 hr optimized signals with live cross on the indicator activated you will generate a hell of a lot of orders, particularly in markets that are diverging.
OzzyTrader

Postby OzzyTrader » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:18 pm

It is possible to have two more modifications be made to this strategy.

1. Change Margin Care requirement to % exactly the same way as you did in this strategy viewtopic.php?f=27&t=69865&p=134593#p134593

2. Add the reverse trade fuction.

Currently this strategy sets orders based on the negative offset. I have found that close to 100% of these trades hit their entry point. I am looking for a way to trade the negative offset and I think adding the fuction of trade in the reverse direction of the signal with offset of 0 and a target of what the negative would have been in the best way to do this. Essentially I would create another strategy instance so when a signal is met it would be met on two strategies.

In the event of a buy signal

Strategy 1: would create the order lower then the current price based on my parameters, lets assume its -10, once reached it would enter a buy position
Strategy 2: would place a sell order on with a profit of 10 bips. While the signal would be in the buy direction based on the stochastic it would place a sell order because of the reverse fuction.

I dont think having all the above fuctions included in one strategy is possible but even if is i dont think its worth it. Having the ability easily turn strategies on and off within the strategy dashboard would be better

I think my logic on this one is sound but any questions fire away.

cheers
OzzyTrader

Postby Apprentice » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:33 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Development reference 1444.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby OzzyTrader » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:06 am

Looks good on first glance just had one question.

It still has "Min. usable margin" and now it has "Min margin %"

will this cause a conflict or will it divert to one over the other. Or do I have to set one of them to 0.0 and the other to a value to point the strategy in the right direction as to which one it is to use?
OzzyTrader

Postby OzzyTrader » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:18 am

Have been doing some live testing on the 1m charts to see how the function of it works and the only problem appears to be as suspected with the conflict between the usable margin in $ and min margin in % .

With the Min.usable marging set to 0.0 and Perform Margin Care Set to "Yes" and "Min margin %" set to "99.0" it is creating orders when the usable margin in % is at 70%.

Can you please remove "Min. usable margin" from the Trading Paramaters. I suspect this will fix it. I am assuming having the Margin Care under the Time Parameters heading makes no difference but thought i would just mention it.

cheers
OzzyTrader

Postby Apprentice » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:37 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Development reference 1465.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Previous

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests