Trade manager as an indicator

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Trade manager as an indicator

Postby Daveatt » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:20 am

Hi Apprentice and team

As discussed, would you be so kind to help me getting the indicator version of this strategy viewtopic.php?p=122262#p122262

Actually, I'd like to apply the trade manager per chart (and not per instrument). For instance, I want to use a different TP/SL/breakeven combination for GER30 scalping and intraday and swing
If I use your trade manager strategy, it will be applied for all charts using the GER30 instrument
Does it makes sense ?

I just need an indicator that will manage the trades already opened on a specific chart. I think it can be done using an indicator
I'm not concerned at all for strategies running in parallel as I run them on a different FXCM account. I need this trade manager for my manual trading

Here are a first draft of features that I could think of :

- TP1/TP2 based on either pips value or on MVA/EMA or Supertrend (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=605) value

- TP1/TP2 ratio (which percentage of the trading lots that we'd like to close)

- Breakeven specifying when it will be active and from which level (i.e. opening price + breakeven_to level)
we should be able to breakeven without necessarly taking the TP1 (if I just want to protect my position but wait more before collecting profits)

- trailing stop management based either on pips value or on Supertrend value or NONE (no trailing stop will be applied)
if TP2 is achieved but not all lots for the trade are closed, then the trailing stop will close it

- would be great to also have all these features available via drop-down menu
(Breakeven, TP1, TP2, trailing stop)
Sometimes FXCM is slow to run and this could avoid to miss opportunities

- Also update stops/limit orders still on the chart in case we want to take trades individually that don't fit in a pre-defined Trade manager scenario

- We could either select a configuration for the whole chart or specify a unique configuration per trade

- (OPTIONAL) to dinstinguish scalping/intraday/swing mode, we could use a drop-down menu and the user will select what he/she wants. If the user has two strategies for scalping and intraday, he could add two trade manager indicators on the same chart with different take profits/breakeven/stop etc
(i.e. trade manager 1 SCALP with TP1 = 3 pips TP2 = 5 pips and trade manager 2 INTRADAY with TP 1 = 10 pips and TP 2 = 15 pips)
The drop-down menu could allow to switch between intraday/scalping/swing modes for each trade
This is just a dummy example

It's probably a too exhaustive list to ask for but it will be very helpful for traders that want to trade manually per chart/timeframe etc
I would be very happy to answer if you have any question regarding this request

Thanks so much
Daveatt
Last edited by Daveatt on Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daveatt

Re: Trade manager as an indicator

Postby Apprentice » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:15 am

I have a quick question regarding your trade manager
I have a quick question regarding your trade manager
Actually, I'd like to apply the trade manager per chart (and not per instrument). For instance, I want to use a different TP/SL/breakeven combination for GER30 scalping and intraday and swing
If I use your trade manager strategy, it will be applied for all charts using the GER30 instrument
I just need an indicator that will manage the trades already opened on a specific chart. I think it can be done using an indicator

Sure, we can have code something like this.
Will have a small problem, how to distinguish scalping, intraday, and swing positions?
We will have to add a unique id for these three situations.
What about positions opened by strategies?
Each position should have a unique id in this format.
unique_id + position parent + trade duration identifier

Your request is added to the development list under Id Number 4452
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Trade manager as an indicator

Postby Daveatt » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:04 am

Good morning team

Do you have any concern or missing item that I can help with ?

Thanks
Daveatt

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests