Marketscope Cursor data sequencing and more...

Section for discussions related to indicators, use of indicators, and building of trading stategies using indicators.

Moderator: admin

Marketscope Cursor data sequencing and more...

Postby Bebbspoke » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:09 am

Hi Folks -
1/ Marketscope cursor data sequencing lists as Open, Close, Hi & Lo - please how can I rearrange the sequencing to become the more conventional listing sequence of Open, Hi, Lo & Close?

2/ I also use four or five different indicators - sure it is possible to sequence these methodically but how does one specify where the "Tick Volume" bar chart may appear? - I cannot achieve the sequencing that would be most visually helpful to my cause.

3/ Saving a template with "Chart Mode" displaying BARS - when reopened as a template displays CANDLESTICKS... I find this infuriating as a candlestick does NOT procure the instantaneous clarity of detail as is apparent with a bar display

4/ For the nth time of asking - PLEASE give the end user the option of displaying symbols in alphabetical order - I have no idea what sacrosanct traditionalist determined the irrational ordering as is currently unavoidable and I have no desire to either have the ordering rationale explained or to commit it to memory - just give us the option of a sane sequence please!!!
I requested that option many months ago...

That's all for now folks, cheers, Bebbspoke
Bebbspoke
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Marketscope Cursor data sequencing and more...

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:02 am

1/ I agree, this is rather a bug, the order must be conventional. Will be fixed.

2/ I'm not sure that I understood the problem completely, but I'll check that we can do.

3/ Probably, your template will be required. The behavior you described looks like a bug, but I cannot reproduce it at a glance. Could you please export your template as a file and send it to me?

4/ Not so big deal to provide this option, but this option is not the thing we can include without FXCM's approval. I'll try to push them.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby Bebbspoke » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi Nikolay,

Thanks for your reply. I’m glad you accept # 1/ is a bug to be remedied.

To reproduce BOTH complaints # 2/ & # 3/ please follow these instructions: -

a/ open charts - any time period for any one symbol
b/ via Add Indicators add the default AO (Awesome Oscillator)
c/ via Add Indicators add the default RLW(%R Larry Williams)
d/ Right click on graph and select Show Tick Volume (STV)

STV appears as the bottom of the three “sub graphs” - by reversing operations b, c & d it is possible to make STV appear at the top of the sub graphs but it is NOT possible to cause STV to be anywhere other than either the top or the bottom of a sub graph stack - # 2/ QED.

e/ Use Chart Mode to select “Bars”
f/ go to File / Templates / Save Templates - give it a name and close Charts.
g/ reopen Charts, any time period for any one symbol

Main graphic shows as Candlesticks, NOT Bars - # 3/ QED

Re # 4/ I would appreciate you pressing FXCM for resolution as soon as possible

Thank you, cheers, Bebbspoke
Bebbspoke

Postby Victor.Tereschenko » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:29 pm

Bebbspoke wrote:Hi Nikolay,

Thanks for your reply. I’m glad you accept # 1/ is a bug to be remedied.

To reproduce BOTH complaints # 2/ & # 3/ please follow these instructions: -

a/ open charts - any time period for any one symbol
b/ via Add Indicators add the default AO (Awesome Oscillator)
c/ via Add Indicators add the default RLW(%R Larry Williams)
d/ Right click on graph and select Show Tick Volume (STV)

STV appears as the bottom of the three “sub graphs” - by reversing operations b, c & d it is possible to make STV appear at the top of the sub graphs but it is NOT possible to cause STV to be anywhere other than either the top or the bottom of a sub graph stack - # 2/ QED.

e/ Use Chart Mode to select “Bars”
f/ go to File / Templates / Save Templates - give it a name and close Charts.
g/ reopen Charts, any time period for any one symbol

Main graphic shows as Candlesticks, NOT Bars - # 3/ QED

Re # 4/ I would appreciate you pressing FXCM for resolution as soon as possible

Thank you, cheers, Bebbspoke

Could you, please, describe how you reopens the charts? Do you opens a new chart and applies the saved template? If so, how do you apply the template? By choosing it in the Create chart dialog (in the "Apply Template" combobox) or by Apply Template command in the menus?
NOTE: When you applying a tempate using the Apply Template command the chart settings (like the chart mode) will not be applied unless you check the Replace chart elements and settings in the Apply Template dialog.
“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” (c) Ernest Hemingway
Victor.Tereschenko

Postby Bebbspoke » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:34 am

Hi Victor,

Thank you for the prompt response.

Your postscript "NOTE" has enlightened me - simply checking the "Replace chart elements and settings" in the Apply Template dialog window has resolved my frustration of the bars vs candles problem.

Regards, Bebbspoke
Bebbspoke

Return to Discussions