ATR pips indicator

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

ATR pips indicator

Postby Alexander.Gettinger » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:05 am

Oscillator is a port of MT4 indicator (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=2216448).

ATR_pips_indicator.png

Download:
ATR_pips_Indicator.lua
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 9605 times

Will give simple audio alert when ATR meets a determined level (condition)
ATR_pips_Indicator with Alert.lua
(10.47 KiB) Downloaded 3558 times

Tick ATR_pips_Indicator.lua
(3.84 KiB) Downloaded 3110 times

Tick ATR_pips_Indicator with Alert.lua
(10.33 KiB) Downloaded 3060 times

Tick ATR is available here.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=34094&p=94374&hilit=Tick+ATR#p94374

The indicator was revised and updated
Alexander.Gettinger
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: ATR pips indicator

Postby porschefan » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:46 pm

Alexander.Gettinger wrote:Oscillator is a port of MT4 indicator (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=2216448).

ATR_pips_indicator.png

Download:
ATR_pips_Indicator.lua

Hello mr Gettinger
You can say what makes this indicator?

Thanks
porschefan

Postby sunshine » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:56 pm

The indicator displays the current value of the ATR indicator multiplied by the value set in indicator parameters, in pips.
Please read this article about usage of the ATR indicator:
Average True Range (ATR)
sunshine

Postby porschefan » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:30 am

thank you
porschefan

Postby JPNWV7 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:45 pm

Alexander.Gettinger wrote:Oscillator is a port of MT4 indicator (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=2216448).

ATR_pips_indicator.png

Download:
ATR_pips_Indicator.lua

Just trying to figure out how to read this indicator. On one of my charts it says

70% of ATR(13) : 41 pips

What is the 41 pips? Profit? Stop/Loss?

I'm New to Forex Trading Just trying to learn.

Thanks
JPNWV7

Postby sunshine » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:11 am

JPNWV7 wrote:Just trying to figure out how to read this indicator. On one of my charts it says

70% of ATR(13) : 41 pips

What is the 41 pips? Profit? Stop/Loss?

I'm New to Forex Trading Just trying to learn.

41 pips is 70% from the current ATR value. ATR is the Average True Range indicator which measures volatility. The ATR indicator is included in the standard set of Marketscope indicators.

How this value can be used (a few popular interpretations):

• To determine stop and limit levels.
    Use the indicator value to determine the distance for your stop and limit levels. Such stops/limits will take into account the current market volatility because they will be based on the ATR indicator. Generally, a two times ATR value is used. That is, you should set the Multiplier parameter of the indicator to 2 and use the received value as the distance for your stop order.
    Note that when the volatility is high, wider stops should be used in order to avoid execution of stops by a random market movement. When the volatility is low, tighter stops should be used in order to have better protection for trades. So the value of Multiplier should depend on market volatility.
  • To determine the best position to buy/sell based on Support/Resistance levels. The ATR indicator can be used as a filter when trading with support/resistance levels. In this case you should:
    1. Determine the support and resistance levels. For example, the resistance level is at 1.4000.
    2. Then, watch for price movement. Once the price hits the resistance level, buy at 20% ATR above the line. The idea is to do not buy at the resistance level but above the level to avoid entering on false hitting of the level.
    For example, when the market hits the resistance level, the current ATR value for EUR/USD is 0.0110 (110 pips). You should enter the market at 20% ATR above the line:
    20% of ATR(14) = 110 pips * 0.2 = 22 pips
    So, buy at 1.4022 level (1.4022 = 1.4000 (resistance level) + 22 pips)
    Note that for this example you should set the Multiplier parameter of the indicator to 0.2.
See also Average True Range

Hope this will help.
sunshine

Postby JPNWV7 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Thanks for the info, yes it helped. Thanks
JPNWV7

Postby rose123 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:04 pm

i request mtf mcp atr pips indicator as mtf mcp gmmacd incidcator

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12958
rose123
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby TheEdge » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:19 am

Hello,

Can some one tell me how to position this in a different location on the chart, I have a PIP spread indicator in the top right corner and this indicator also in the same location. I would like to have it positioned at the top but to the left of the PIP indicator.
TheEdge

Next

Return to Custom Indicators