Watermark

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: Watermark

Postby Silverthorn » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:04 pm

Thanks for your reply but it only needs to recognise currency pair. The text needs to be the same and visible across all time frames. Are you able to add this to the development que?
Silverthorn

Postby speedytina » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:02 pm

Hi;

Can positioning fields on this indicator be changed so that watermark can be placed anywhere on the chart that I choose. See http://www.forex-tsd.com/metatrader-4/17336-text-writer-indicator.html for an example of what I am looking for. I want to be able to build a multi-point "trading plan" template that I can always have in front of me on my charts. I would need more exact positioning capability than just top, bottom, left, right etc.

Thanks

Apprentice wrote:
watermark.png

rplust Try My version.
watermark.lua
speedytina

Postby Apprentice » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:43 am

I believe that for this purpose, the best tool is MarketScope Build in Lebel Tool.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby speedytina » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:37 am

Thanks Apprentice; but won't labels move out of site as the chart advances? I'm looking for something that will always show along the left edge of the chart window in a similar way that chart "legends" are always in fixed positions. My Idea is to make a "layout" with my trading plan in list form which will always be visable at the left edge of the chart...

EXAMPLE:
Rule 1...
Rule 2...
Rule 3...
etc
etc

Thanks,
Ian

Apprentice wrote:I believe that for this purpose, the best tool is MarketScope Build in Lebel Tool.
speedytina

Postby speedytina » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:06 am

Apprentice wrote:Something similar to Repository?
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=60142

Ha! Great minds DO think alike.

I had already looked at the the "Repository.lua". In fact, it was that thread that gave me the idea to put my trading plan on every chart. All I need is the text line and the ability to place each line in an x/y axis so I can place each line under each other. See image for mock-up with with text at left edge of chart. I wouldnt need the stuff that is hi-lited in yellow in the top right corner. Display options are disabled. All the different colors for different time frames is not needed.
In short, all that is really needed are text line, font size and font color and positioning ability. Once I get everything set up I can save the layout and then apply it to all charts.

Apprentice, I feel bad that I'm taking up so much of your time on this. I am forever amazed at the work you guys do and how helpful you are.

Regards,
Ian
Attachments
Repository.JPG
Mock-up
speedytina

Postby Apprentice » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:43 am

If I understood, U can have different (One) trading plan per time frame.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby speedytina » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:44 pm

Apprentice wrote:If I understood, U can have different (One) trading plan per time frame.

Right now I'm only interested in the daily time frame, but yes, in theory I could have different trading plans for different time frames. In that case I would just create separate trading plan layouts for each different time frame and apply them to charts as needed.
speedytina

Postby kitefrog » Wed May 04, 2016 11:56 am

Can the watermark indicator be changed and given options to place it in the corners, or across the top, having it only in the middle is slightly annoying? thanks
kitefrog

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Indicators