Renko chart (Obsolete)

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: Renko chart

Postby trendwatch » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:55 pm

**EDIT: Removed installation & downloaded and installed again. Solved!**

I tried that but there's nothing to chose from. So no Renko view available. I tried to import the renko2 indy as a view but it gets installed as an indicator and thus doesn't appear in the "view list". Can you tell me from where I can dowload the views?
Last edited by trendwatch on Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
trendwatch

Postby stainer » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:00 pm

Sorry its the new one I am using, Is it possible to get a alert for the new one.
When I asked can we get one that alerts a change of direction I ment when it prints a new brick in opposite direction.

As I said ive been using renko for about a week with some great results but its so hard to moniter more than a few currency's waiting for a new brick to print when it can happen at any time due to there being no time involved.

Thank you
stainer

Postby trendwatch » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:18 am

The new Create View version is still not working correctly! It only paints a new candle when the chosen period ends. I hoped this would be solved with this option.

So if you set the brick size to 5 and price moves 5 pips it does not paint a new brick untill the chosen chart period ends. This makes it useless in my opinion because it should be time independent. It should paint a new brick when the preset brick size is reached not when brick size is reached AND the chart period ends.

And thats not all, if price moves 20 pips up in the chart period and moves back to 3 pips the 4 bricks aren't even painted! So you can not see that price moved 4 bricks (aka 20 pips).

Just open the same Renko view in a m1 and a m5, you'll see what i mean.
trendwatch

Postby trendwatch » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:08 am

Any news on the malfunctioning
Create view
option? Any idea on when will this be fixed? The way it's functioning now It's completely useless.
trendwatch

Postby Apprentice » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:32 am

Unfortunately, no update about this issue.
Will be informed of any developments.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby GiFtzw3rg » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:15 am

Hello together,

the point which trendwatch is discussing is absolutly right.
The bricks are deleted when a strong counter move is appearing and the bricks are only "painted" when the choosen time period is over.

These are no Real Renko Bars. And therefor they are useless.

Apprentice or Alex Gettinger, do you have an solution for that?
I like renko but they must work correctly.

Many Thx for your help...
Greetz
GiFtzw3rg

Postby KrembuFX » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:30 am

Also looking forward for this.

meanwhile there is this tick renko view. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=60066

my only problem with this is that it fetch too little history from servers.

i need to leave my TSII open for about 1-2 days to get valuable data for trading
KrembuFX

Postby shulya » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:27 am

Hello, is there any progress on the development? As stated above the indicator needs to be independent of time, otherwise it's useless.
Unfortunately it's a critical indicator for my trading style and I'll be forced to switch to Ninja Trader :?
Thanks.
shulya

Postby GiFtzw3rg » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:53 am

Hi,
i'm using Renko2 so far. My problem is that i don't know when 1 Renkobrick is closed(finished). If there were 2 Bricks long for example i thought near the pivot point this could be the trendchange. Stochastic and Ichimoku gives me the same signals. Then i go long. What happend is that when there comes a countermove the 2 white drawn Renkobricks are deleted from the charts! :o

How could this happen? Two or sometimes 3 long Renkos are deleted and drawn into a short Renko. When this happend, Stochastic and Ichimoku signals are also deleted and are showing NO Signal!

Is this a Bug? I lost some money because of this Sh..!
So when will i know if the Renkobrick is really finished and the trend goes the right direction?

Thanks for all answer
Alex
GiFtzw3rg

Postby Apprentice » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:14 am

This indicator is obsolete.
Renko.png

I encourage you to use Renko View.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Indicators